Re: [RC] Cantering - Tiffany D'Virgilio

I also have a mare that we do a lot of cantering. She canters probably 80% of the time. Until she pulled a groin walking down a hill I never had lameness issues with this 14 year old mare. She's now back under saddle and already wants to canter everywhere. One of the most wonderful horse's I've ever had look through a bridle. A pleasure and joy to ride and can reel off relaxed miles at a gorgeous canter/gallop. The lightest and easiest gallop ever. After riding the trot everywhere, gallop never horse for the last year, I feel like I got the keys back to the Ferrari. My only issue with Mosh is that you can't canter all the time-I always get quite the arm workout during a 50. I firmly believe if she were made to trot all the time she would be unhappy and break down. If Desa had to canter and not trot she'd be the same. Horses are not all made alike.
My two mares have different personalities and conformation-to treat the the same would not be in their best interest.
Tiffany