Re: [RC] Cantering - Barbara McCrary

Lud's old horse HCC Crescent would canter much of an easy 50-miler.  I'm referring to the road work on the Applegate-Lassen 5-day ride in Nevada.

Barbara

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Cantering

You remember correctly Truman.  And Kahlil would canter most of the time.  But, he also had a good trot on him.  He 'could' trot with the big boys, but it wasn't his gait.  Also, there was Pete, the mustang owned by Steve Huffman in MS.  That little horse could litterally canter the whole 100 miles.

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I remember Nina Warrens old horse Ballad. He would go into a easy
rolling canter which looked like it required absolutely no effort. Nine
hours later he would stop the canter at the end of 100 miles. If I
remember right Joe Long's wonderful little chestnut horse had a nice
little rolling canter also.

Truman