Re: [RC] Is my horse off? PS - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I don't want anyone to get the impression, that in the SE the vets are not doing their job.  I personally have been pulled at the finish.  Horse was very slightly off, but off still.   It wasn't even anything that was going to cause damage to the horse, (arthitic joint)  But, the fit to continue rule was applied.   If you make the rules, you need to be willing to live by them.   So, I took my DNF and didn't complain.  We have very good vets here, they will work with you as much as possible.  But, they can't make those horses trot sound.
And the vets are not stupid, they know who they can trust, and who they can't.  They know who will be making the right decision, and most of the time, the rider will pull the horse, and save them from having to do so.  There will always be the ones that disagree, and the vets then do what they need to do for the horse.  But that is not the majority...at least not here.  I have heard nightmares too about vets at certain rides, other regions, but I have gone there, and completed just fine.  In fact, I thought the vets were very willing to meet me half way.  They are not the enemy....they really want us to finish.

Maybe we need a "Thank your ride vet Day".   Or a bumper sticker for the trailer that says, "Have you hugged your vet".   :))

PS.  That could apply to all good farriers as well.  :))))