[RC] Need immediate assistance for 6 week foal shot and paralyzed in NW Florida - Christina Schiro

Fellow CTR and Endurance Riders:

I am sorry this not distance riding related, but I am trying to get this out to everyone as this info needs to get out..

If you have read the latest media stories (it might have hit nationally), you have read about the numerous horses and dogs found shot in northwest FL. See http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060420/NEWS01/604200321/1006 . Also see the article from Ch. 3 News (Pensacola) at http://www.weartv.com

Dr. Weekley of the NW FL Animal Hospital (located at 6736 Quintette Rd., Pace, FL 32571, close to Pensacola) and other vets are trying to decide the best course of action for the littlest victim of the shooting rampage that is still alive. He has a bullet lodged in his spine in the neck and he is paralyzed. I just received a phone call from my fellow FFAHA (FIve Flags Arabian Horse Association) member Rebecca Bryson. Her daughter Rhonda Cappas, FFAHA members also, works for Dr. Weekley. Auburn University in AL thinks they can really help the foal and they have a plan of action. Rebecca has already lined up transportation for the baby. But Auburn needs $500 up front to get the baby in the door. Of course, after that the medical bills will start lining up. Rebecca says time is of the essence as they want to get the foal to Auburn today. Contact Dr. Weekley's office at (850) 994-0900 NOW if you can donate any money to go towards the $500 up front fee. They take credit cards. Any amount will help. If you have questions that maybe Rhonda can answer, call her on her cell at (850) 529-0674.

Christina Schiro
Five Flags Arabian Horse Association and Panhandle Equine Rescue Member
(850) 206-3237 (Cell)

PNJ Photo. Dr. Weekley and the 6 wk old baby.