Re: [RC] Bear - indiancp

i expect there was something wrong with the bear, too.  unfortunately though people are idiots.
in spite of all the signs to NOT feed the bears people will do it. i even once saw a mother trying to get her crying two or three year old to pet a wild bear that was standing there so she could take their picture!!
i have no problem with hunters hunting as long as they eat the food and aren't doing it for the trophy although i honestly don't see how a...say a deer hunter can be so proud of getting a large buck with a huge rack when all he did was hide in a tree and shoot a deer that wasn't even aware he was there.
how can anyone be proud of shooting coyotes or wolves from a helicoptor?  and yes..some do it for sport only.  now when they start running these animals down  and killing them they'd have something to brag about i guess.  as long as we continue moving in on the wild animals, feeding "smokey" the bear there will be clashes.  i've wondered if all the shark attacks in the past few years hasn't been because there are now places where you go to feed the sharks, right in the water with them.  maybe we've taught them we're a source of food?  i've lived here thirty five years with timberland all around and raised goats. we've co-exsisted with coyotes, cougar, bob cats, etc.  the only trouble we've had are with possoms and snakes who have a taste for chickens and eggs and domestic dogs who seem to like to play wild for a night.  it's building up now so who knows..problems could be in our future as their land is squeezed into smaller and smaller lots.  everybody has got to be somewhere.

patty in georgia

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.

Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader.

.

heidi larson <ribbitttreefrog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm guessing that there was something wrong with this particular bear.  heidi

! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.