[RC] Want to see Endurance in North Ohio? ...We need your help! - Stacy Sadar

This information is for

All who Love and Care about the Open Trail.

Please forward it on to all who may want to lend a hand.

Medina County Ohio Horseman's Council in conjunction with the National Park Service is very happy to welcomeThe Ohio Trails Partnership to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park for Spring Work Weekend, April 21-23, 2006.

For twenty years Medina-OHC has worked to fund, build, maintain Horse Trails in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. We hold our annual Celebration CTR here and really want to hold Endurance too!  Many miles of these wonderful trails were deemed unsafe and closed after flooding devastated the Valley in 2003 and 2004. For three years, Medina-OHC members have worked tirelessly to raise money to restore these trails.  We're now ready to begin the work with the much needed help of the OTP.

We want to thank the entire Ohio Trails Partnership and Larry Matthews, Chairman for choosing to come to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

For OTP Weekend information check out www.medinacountyohc.com.

Please join us and share the work, the
fun, the satisfaction and the joy!

Bring your Hand Tools (shovels, rakes, Pulaski's, McLeod's, etc.)

* * * * * * Children under the age of 18 must have an Official National Park Waiver signed by a parent/legal guardian.  These will be available at Howe Meadow Registration or mailed in advance on request.* * * * * * * * * *

Ohio Trails Partnership Spring Work Weekend
                    Cuyahoga Valley National Park
                               April 21-23, 2006

Registration is in Howe Meadow, 4040 Riverview Rd., Peninsula, OH 44024
       HOWE MEADOW (located south of Peninsula on Riverview Rd.) will open for PRIMITIVE CAMPING at NOON on Friday
(Some Electrical Sights available, NO Water available, NO Ground Fires Permitted, NO horses at this work party, Large Gooseneck Rigs should use the special entrance to the right of the site.)

Tentative Schedule
Friday, April 21, 2006
       Noon - Howe Meadow Opens for Camping (Registration Required on Site)
       6:00 pm - CAMBA hosts cookout (Location to be announced at Howe Meadow)
Saturday, April 22, 2006
       7:00 am -
Light Breakfast and Coffee, Work Party Organization.
       8:00 am -  Work Parties Depart from Howe Meadow (sack lunch provided).
       6:00 pm -  Dinner at November Lodge
Sunday, April 23, 2006
       7:00 am -  Breakfast at Happy Days Visitor Center.
                  After Breakfast, we're back out on the trails.

Please come help us restore the closed horse trails!  There are many ways that you can help.  Check out www.medinacountyohc.com  for information and directions to Howe Meadow, local motels, maps, volunteer information.

* * * * * * * If possible, please let us know if you're planning on coming and how many people you are bringing.  It will help us make tentative plans for food purchases, etc.  Email: Linda Weese,  Lsweese@xxxxxxxx * * * * * * * *

       Medina-OHC Contacts for General Information:

             Reuss Griffiths (Trail Chairman)  Reuss5@xxxxxxx
                                  or
             Jack Weese (President)  (440) 234-9668  Jweese2402@xxxxxxx

        COME to OTP WORK WEEKEND

Join in the fun, the joy, the hard work and gain the satisfaction of knowing that YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB in helping to restore  the CLOSED HORSE TRAILS  in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.  It's a fun and rewarding thing to do!

          Medina-OHC says thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
       We love our beautiful Horse Trails and want them reopened!

Have safe jouneys and a beautiful spring on trail!