Re: [RC] Calories burned riding--advice - Stacy Sadar

Susan,

The same thing happens to me.  I was talking with some weight lifters and the told me to drink a high protein/low carb drink after a ride so I won't "retain" the water in my system from working out so hard.  They said that once you stop sweating to get rid of the water, the muscles keep on working after you are done riding then they will grab a hold of the water in your system.  All this leads to showing a gain in weight but it's just water retention.  I tried it over the last few weeks and it seems to work for me.  Obviously, I'm relaying info from someone else and haven't done any research on it, but it's working so far.

Stacy

Susan <glenn218@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did the Sunflower Classic 75 this weekend in 10:42.  I felt great all day and even felt pretty good Sunday.  For grins and giggles, I weighed myself Sunday AM and had lost 4 pounds.  This morning (Monday) I weighed again and had GAINED 5 pounds.  This is typical for me.  So...what's going on?  What can I do to stop the gain and keep losing the weight?

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)