Re: [RC] Calories burned riding--advice - Susan

What usually happens is I'll end up a few pounds lighter tomorrow.  I pretty much figured most of the weight loss was fluids so most of the weight gain was fluids.  However, once I'm no longer sore, I'll end up with a small weight loss...only because I've got the weight to lose.

Now, what you said about fat...can you expand on that?  Explain as in depth as you wish...but get to the part about how to LOSE it, please. LOL  From what I'm reading and have experienced over the past 20+ years, endurance riding may only be helping me maintain...but I'll not be doing any real losing at this point.

Thank you, Jon and others, for your input!

Jon.Linderman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
First, weight does not equal calories.

Humans by and large are very poor at using fat compard to species like dogs, rats, and horses.

.....its mostly water loss & your loss gain/ was/is mostly fluid loss.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)