Re: [RC] diagonals - Kristene Smuts

Carolyn Burgess : Have a good friend watch you from behind.  You best
friend is the best 'cause they will have no trouble telling you how
crooked you are.  I have a friend who lists, really lists.  I've told
her that she needed to really lean over to the other side.  When she was
straight up I told her that was the correct position.  I asked her, "how
off do you feel?"  She said way off.>>

I had the good fortune to attend a 3 day Ride With Your Mind course
recently, presented by a British instructor.  Part of the course
consisted of her video taping you at different stages - riding
"normally" and every day after that.  We then viewed the tapes after the
lessons and there was usually great mirth on day one, because you
actually saw yourself as others see you.  "I" thought I had a pretty
good seat and "looked" good in the saddle, but that video showed me how
wrong I was.  The instructor then proceeded to fix my body - by end of
day one I could hardly walk, after 45 minutes in the ring!  After day 3
with my new body position, I could have gone on for hours.  My horse
collected properly as well - bonus!

The principles behind the course were basically the same as Centred
Riding - balance, body position, feel (based on your mental pictures).
Find a good instructor (my search "may" be over 'cos we have 2 qualified
RWYM instructors in South Africa).  This person should appeal to your
way of learning and goals because we can all use good equitation in our
sport!

To keep this on thread ............... uhm .......... I have no idea!
;-)))

Kristene
South Africa

--
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING

The contents of this e-mail and any accompanying documentation are confidential
and any use thereof, in whateverform, by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.

This message contains information intended solely for the addressee, which is
confidential and private in nature and subject to legal privilege.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or
copy this message or any file attached to this message.

Any such unauthorized use is prohibited and unlawful.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail,
facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the original message from your
machine.

Furthermore, the information contained in this message, and any attachments
thereto, is for information purposes only and may contain the personal views
and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of
South African Rail Commuter Corporation (SARCC) Limited or its subsidiary.
SARCC therefore does not accept liability for any claims, loss or damages of
whatsoever nature, arising as a result of the reliance on such information by
anyone.