[RC] For those of you using Easyboot Bares... - Kristi Schaaf

I just got my Bares today (love the cans they come
in!) and spent the last hour trying them on my horse
then adjusting them and trying them on again, over and
over. Questions for those of you who have been using
them: do you use the heel strap or did you take it
off? NO WAY could I get my horse's hoof in there with
the heel strap on. So, I removed it and the boot went
on much easier (which, alas, I assume means it might
rub or fall off much easier). Also, NO WAY could I get
the boot on if I had the bungee as tight as is
recommended. The tightest combo I could do and still
get the boot on leaves enough gap at the front of the
boot to slide in a screwdriver. So, I guess I'll just
see what happens when they're looser than recommended,
'cause I won't be able to get them on at all if
they're as tight as they're supposed to be! Also, for
those of you who took the heel strap off, did you
order the tapered side pieces, or did you just let the
little side screws stick into your horse's hoof? And
boy is it hard to avoid the temptation to use the
gaiter to pull the boot on, since it's right in the
way. I found that I had to tug on the heavy duty part
of it once because it folded under the horse's heel.
Any other recommendations/discoveries on how to make
the Bares fit as well as possible?  Kristi iluvdez at
yahoo dot com

Life's a journey, so enjoy the ride (and try not to fall off)

http://mail.yahoo.com