[RC] Cranberry Ride and Dodie's story - sterp

I found Dodie's story interesting and I am trying to understand that everyone
sees things their own way.  I was one of those volunteers arriving on Thursday
afternoon and leaving after the last horses came in on Sunday.  Patti Pizzo has
been running endurance rides for many years.  These rides always benefit a
group or organization with monetary needs.  This year the proceeds from these
rides will go to Old Dominion which will be hosting the AERC National
Championship this fall.  I will not attempt to correct the obvious errors to
Dodie's story because it is her impression of what happened.  I will however
tell everyone that I was scribing for the vet that did the pre-ride exam on her
horses and I was the in timer when they finished and met them as they entered
camp even before they pulled their saddles.  I was also one of people that
waited at base camp to applauded them as they finished for doing such a good
job and completing.  I hope that she realizes that stories like this make ride
managers want to stop volunteering their time and energy.  I would suggest that
Dodie manage a ride to benefit the charity of her choice.  Perhaps her story
would have a very different twist.

So this is what I saw this weekend.  100 entries over 3 days.  Great weather
for the beginning of April.  Lots of friendly faces, helping hands and people
having a super time.  A very low pull rate and very close BC scores.  A mighty
Morgan that completed all 3 days.  Money raised for our National Championship
ride.  I had a magnificent time and I think most everyone besides Dodie did
also.  Thank you Patti for all  your hard work.  We really do appreciate it.

Sandy
Neigh-Per-Say