RE: [RC] lease agreements - Burnett, Elly

I'd also be interested in this as I'm partial leasing my mare for the school years.

Thanks,
Elly

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of heidi larson
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 11:19 AM
To: * *
Subject: [RC] lease agreements

Does anyone out there in RC-land have a lease agreement they could share with me?  I am going to be leasing a mare as a broodmare for the next 1.5 - 2 years. The only part I'm concerned with is coming up with a value on the mare for either insurance purposes (if the owner requires it) or for a value should anything happen to the mare.  She was asking $2500 for the mare, had thought about selling her to me for $1200 with a buyback option, and then decided that the lease was really what she wanted to do.  The mare has been bred, has some 1/2 arab babies, is not broke, is 13 years old, has no show experience and her foals do not appear to either.  So not sure how to come up with her value.

thanks in advance!!

heidi