Re: [RC] Shagyas - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hey Bruce,  If they have Road Rage for people in cars......what do you call it on RC????

Bruce Weary DC <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I find the recent catfight over manners and decorum regarding
Shagyas participation in distance riding rather humorous. But then, I
find humor in almost everything. There are certain sociological
principles about our behavior that I find interesting. For instance, we
will say and do things at a football game (wear a wedge of cheese on our
head or paint our face half green and half white) or behind the wheel of
our car ( ever notice how anyone going slower than you is an idiot and
anyone going faster is a maniac?) that we wouldn't get caught dead doing
ANYWHERE else. I think some of the same is true here on RC. We are far
more bold with the typed word than with the spoken word in person. I
think it's safe to say the recent dialog would not have taken place to
anywhere near this degree in person. Maybe we all feel safer at our
keyboards or in the privacy of our cars. Be that as it may, I hope we
are all reserving an equal measure of outspoken anger and dismay (with
action to back it up) over such things as a failed school bond issue,
corrupt politicians or abused children as we do for our hobby.
I will say that one year my wife asked me what I wanted for
Christmas. I said "I wanna Shagya." She slapped me and I got a piece of
coal in my stocking. I'm still confused. Bruce Weary