[RC] *Oman - Dfarnham09

Hello Roger,

Enjoyed your post, and since you are such a fan of *Oman, I thought you might enjoy seeing this *Oman daughter.

She's an anglo-shagya arabian and looks to be quite interesting to me. Admittedly, the photo pushes the envelope when it comes to being "casual", but we all know that you can kill a horse quicker with a camera than with a gun, don't we. She's a 15:2 hh mare...the ideal size the cavalry felt for doing anything needed while carrying a soldier with full gear. Note the dryness of the musculo-skeletal system...soundness and heat dissipation should not be problems. IMHO, she has the perfect saddle back...should carry a saddle in place even minus a girth. Beautifully balanced trapezoid...shoulder angle to hip angle with strong, short back and long underline...biomechanically should be very efficient and easy on herself even at speed. I see a lot of *Oman in this young mare, don't you?

She's owned by Egon Kamarasy. In case you haven't met Egon (which you probably have), he was a cavalry officer in the Royal Hungarian Army in his younger days. Now he is an octogenarian who goes out hunting on horseback everytime the hounds go out to the hunt field in Southern Illinois during the season....quite a role model. This is a bit if what he has said about this mare:

     " This brave hearted mare has a butter soft mouth and is extremely responsive to
       all aids. She is a willing and bold jumper who has hunted first field. She is an
       endurance prospect."

Shagya and TB just seem to be an exceptional cross for an outstanding equine athlete...if one uses the right Shagya and the right TB. He also has a head shot of this mare at his website that looks like *Oman reincarnated. Thought you'd enjoy seeing this *Oman daughter...I certainly did.

Dennis