Re: [RC] Tipping the farrier - SandyDSA

No one should misunderstand and think that people do not appreciate the hard work it is to shoe a horse, because that is not true. We do. Tipping everyone who we have dealings with has become the norm and it is just silly at this point. A very good surgeon repaired a shattered ankle of mine in 2004 and I can only imagine what HIS college bills may have been, and what his malpractice insurance might have cost. Do  begrudge him his pay. Gosh no! Would I think of TIPPING HIM? Gosh, no. He did like the UCLA baseball cap though:). Many people work hard, are good at heir jobs and spent time and money being educated, but not everyone gets tipped just because. It still remains a choice.