Re: [RC] Tip your farrier???? - Margaret Dinan

Tipping.  It was originally intended for those who make a substandard wage due to the regulations provided for waitstaff. Why, all of a sudden, do we think that we have to tip everybody?  Nobody tips me!  And I don't tip people who make a living wage.  I always give my farrier and others who have helped me throughout the year a Christmas present.  Tipping has been distorted. Appreciation is different from tipping.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Tip your farrier????

uh yeah - our farrier - our old one who we had for about 12 years before we moved last summer - would NEVER take a tip, He felt that he was being well paid to do a job which he took pride in doing well. He DID enjoy a Christmas gift and a little something when he was baptized:). He felt that we were including him in our "family" in a way - not treating him like minimum wage labor.