Re: [RC] Shoot the Clones - Not - Sisu West Ranch

"...should refrain from allowing cloned horses to be registered..."
That makes perfect sense to me.  Registries actually exist to improve breeds by keeping records of pedigrees.  While cloned horses conceiveably improve the average or typical horse (assuming that cloning does eventually produce healthy copies), by its nature it can not improve the best examples of a breed.

Ed

PS. I know some actually use breed registries to make money or inflate their ego's, but that is not the real primary purpose of a breed registry.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640