From: rides2far@xxxxxxxx <rides2far@xxxxxxxx>
To: donhuston@xxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:16:46 GMT
Subject: Re: [RC] Ulcers & salt

>Have any, or all of you, ever tasted or eaten  electrolytes?

>>Yep and yuck! I found Acculites (spelling?) to be the best on my tongue and I
put one scoop in the grain for 3 days before a ride and  then none until 3 days
before the next ride. >>>Free choice salt block (white, no minerals) in the pen.
Don Huston

How can salt taste like anything but salt? Most of the people I've heard said
one tasted better were tasting of one that has more sugars than salt in it.

Yes, I've sure eaten salt straight. When we were kids in the South and no air
conditioning, I remember how our moms would get upset when we'd sit around
pouring salt in our hands and eating it. Thought it was great in elementary
school when we could do it at lunch without mom there to stop us. My mom would
say, "That will dry up your blood". >g< Funny, now that kids sit around inside
with air conditioning I can't remember the last time I saw a kid eating salt
straight. :-)

Angie