RE: [RC] Hay Cubes - heidi

I have a pretty serious problem and would love some input from horse folk.
We cannot find any actual hay around here.  Everyone is completely sold out,
our pasture is still dirt, and I have six horses to feed.  The only option we
have found is hay cubes, in 3 varieties, Alfalfa, Alfalfa-Timothy (80-20),
and Alfalfa-Grain (80-20) -- from the tag, it looks like the "grain" is a bit
of barley.

Until I can find some hay, is this okay to feed?

How much do I feed per horse?  Do I need to feed twice a day?  The guy at the
store said 1 pound of cubes is equal to 3 pounds of hay.  Is this right?

Which is the best option to feed?

Do I need to add anything like beet pulp, grain, etc.?

Does it need to be soaked or spritzed to feed it?

Is this going to give ample nutrition to horses that are currently fending
off 40-60 mph winds with snow?

Where are you in Idaho that all the hay is sold out??  We still have hay
in this neck of the woods (Salmon area) and had not previously heard of
anywhere unable to get any.  Heck, our feed store even has it by the
small bale...

That said, in a pinch I'd try the cubes that are part alfalfa and part
timothy.  They are indeed nutritious enough for maintenance, and for
most horses require no extra preparation.  The packers around here use
them routinely.  I sure would prefer long-stem forage for campaigning
or for long-term use, but in a bind, I'd go to cubes before I'd go to
purt-near anything else.

Heidi  (also windy here and spitting snow, but our big bale supplier is
in good shape for the rest of the season and our small bale supplier
just down the road will probably have extra)