[RC] Horse went through fence - Lysane Cree

While I was at work yesterday, my horse went through a fence trying to follow another horse who had broken a board and got into the next field. My mare though didn't get over and was sort of stuck, half on one side of the fence, half on the other. When the barn manager got there, she saw my mare and went over to help her out. But before she could, my mare busted her way through the rest of the fence. She took lots of fur off of her legs in doing this, right down to the skin. In most places it wasn't bleeding just very sensitive. In one or two small spots it seems that it was scraped down to a second layer of skin, but no blood either. She has just two small cuts near the coronet band where the skin lifted up a little. It bled some but stopped quickly.
I cleaned everything up carefully and applied a vitamin E cream to the parts where she has no fur.  I have been hosing with cold water and walking her. Not sure there is much else to do (?)
She went outside today since I didn't really think keeping her in a stall was going to do her any good. She is sore of course, and was keeping her hind legs under a bit, shifting weight from one to the other but she walks out fine without a limp. She is a little stiff when turning. Her legs are swollen some and she has swelling from the bottom of one hock to mid-cannon, in between the cannon bone and the tendon.
Mostly, I'm worrying about her front legs (should I bandage?) and the swelling on the hind leg. Anyone ever have this happen? First time she ever went through a fence...

Lysane

Enrich your life at Yahoo! Canada Finance