Re: [RC] Horse buying woes - SturmRanch

They're horses, after all.

Tali's owner let me haul him to another site, and take him out on a trail ride unsupervised.  He was amazing!  The vet knew him and loved him!  I went off six months later and broke my back in two places.  This was not the former owner's fault.  In fact, I never told her, didn't want her to feel bad.  Wasn't really Tali's fault either.  My grandson had three "first juniors" on him last year and is moving up to 50's this season.

Twist's former owner allowed us 30 days at our place (three hours away) to decide if we liked him and have him vetted.  We loved him.  Vet loved him.  He got pulled at his first LD and spent the summer recovering from a suspensory injury.  Wasn't the former owner's fault.  Wasn't Twist's fault. Wasn't the vet's fault.

They're horses, fallible just like me.

Nancy Sturm