Re: [RC] Horse buying woes - rides2far

If the vet was told that the horse would be used for Endurance and
there is  something so drastically wrong on the x-rays that there is no
way
the horse  could be a distance horse and the vet should have picked up
on it
during  the pre-purchase, Sheila may have some legal recourse against
the
vet.  Dabney?

Aw come on. The vet flexed the horse and he flexed sound. She got him
home and found out he's herd bound. So why did she go get x-rays?  She
didn't say it was a broken bone or anything, just, "Also I had x-rays
taken and something not so favorable showed up on them. "

It's a BIG bummer to have a sound horse for sale and somebody gets
x-rays...a vet sees something he's not 100 % sure about and suddenly your
horse has a scarlett letter on his chest. I had a 4 yr. old mare for sale
once and a university vet didn't care for the looks of her hocks for a
stupid *pleasure* career! So I sold her to someone else, bought her back
at 10 and she did one of the toughest 50's around. When I sold her again
at 15 she'd still never had any problems.

I bought a horse 2 weeks ago. I've already found out SEVERAL things
aren't quite perfect about him. They didn't *tell* me he was perfect in
those areas, but in my mind, ANYTHING I DIDN'T SEE THE DAY I BOUGHT HIM
WASN'T THERE.  The first few weeks home are always a learning experience.
My new horse has some behavior problems on the trail. Well heck, she let
me take him on a 16 mile try out and I didn't see them. Does that mean
she deceived me? Nope. the horse did. :-)  Fortunately, I think I can
live with all the "less than perfections" about him and am still happy I
got him.  Hey, guess what? He's herd bound. Most are. I've yet to get on
a horse who hadn't had a lot of miles put on him alone who was happy
about leaving the crowd. If this horse is 5, when was he supposed to have
learned to be independent?

Angie