Re: [RC] early spring foals - Lindak

My TWH filly, Anny, was born on Tuesday.  I'm in So. Calif, but , according to the weatherman, we are having the coldest March since 1921.  I have no barn and it has been cold and rainy almost every day.  In desperation I took apart my pipe corral and put four 12' panels together under my carport.  Then I put a bag of shavings down, then spread two bales of straw on top of that.  I leave mom & baby out in the large corral when the weather is clear during the day.  But at night I bring them into the small pen.  So far the Anny is doing great.
    For the past few nights ( since Tuesday) my boyfriend has helped me move them. Anny is so interested in everything she doesn't follow too close behind MOM and then MOM get excited, starts calling and trying to get to Anny who is merrily smelling or tasting my truck, the wheelbarrow, a tree, or whatever else she finds.  I'm going to try to bring them up by myself in a few minutes as my boyfriend had to go home.  If I have trouble, I'll ask a neighbor to be the "hazer" or drag rider to herd Anny into the pen.
From Linda-k
Have a foal-huggin' day!!!