RE: [RC] [RC] Unsupportive spouses - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Well, my hubby is a horse person, but that normal kind, the one that owns the QH he rides 4 times a year to look at cows, or check fences.  This works well, he knows how to handle the horses, for vetchecks, hauling etc.  BUT, we only have Joni because, when she was little, he won't help me by watching her for me to ride.  So, I missed a few years there.  He really, really wanted more kids, but when it came down to it, on the way to the "spaying" for me, I told him that he didn't spend enought little time with this one, for me to have another one.  And I wanted my horse life back.  But, now that she is 11, nearly 12, I have a great riding partner, that is tougher than me.  I wouldn't take nothin' for her....now.  :))

Jody

Mel Cochran <brio_gal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, you go girl!

I can't say that I like any of the horsey guys I have met. They are all the
type who would tell me how and what to do with my horses...and that is worse
than a non-horsey type. I can hear it now "you need to sell them crazy
horses you got and buy a nice QH or Paint" I tried dating a couple of those
types and realized that my best bet was to find a guy who would let me be a
horse individual - and could possibly learn to enjoy horses with me.

Hubby is a very good hearted person and would never use the horses as
leverage, just doesn't understand some of the things that horses need and
that horses can be part of a family.

Mel
*who owns some crazy ayrabs and paser feeners*