Re: [RC] [RC] Abusing Horse - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 3/20/2006 8:04:29 AM Pacific Standard Time, brio_gal@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I relpy with "it is my money and my
choice"
Sadly, I don't think this is a long term attitude for a healthy marriage. I think you're wise to hesitate about starting a family.

I've been married 25 years, two kids, both in college now.  My husband was extremely supportive and my ride weekends were father son weekends that are now really special memories for the three of them.  No mom around to make sure you ate veggies and drank enough milk.  They had a BLAST and did stuff like going to NASCAR races, re-building go carts, and other manly pursuits <g>.  Despite my fears, none of them ever developed rickets or skurvy ;)

I could give you a long list of how supportive my husband and sons were, but I'll just tell you that the three of them crewed SIX Tevis rides for me.  I think that says it all :)

Hey Angie!  I think we should arrange a marriage between my 20 year old son and your 19 year old daughter.....she'd have a ready trained crew!  <bg>

Oh yeah, and now that we're empty nesters my "non-horsey" husband rides with me....we are having a blast!

Sylvia
(He's also the Trailmaster for two NATRC rides)