Re: [RC] Commute - RibbonRidg

Keith,
I know you live next to Shawnee.  How are the winters in those parts?  Very snowy?  Cold????
My recent change was from 42 miles one way:  house on dirt road next to WMA, 13,000 ozark acres and scenic good riding, though rocky, and horses pastured on 30 acres.  Access to trails limited to six months/year.  7 miles of rough dirt road, mostly uphill!  then 35  miles of great 2 and 4 lane, little traffic.  Work nights for more daylight.  12 hour shifts.

New place:  45 miles one way, all two lane and mostly fast till last 3 miles in town, bumper to bumper sometimes, taking min 20 minutes for those 3 miles.  NO RIDING at my house,  I must haul about 40 minutes for access to year-round good trails.  Only 6 acres of pasture, BUT, city water, sewer and trash pickup, and no close neighbors yet.

Trade-offs.  I would easily drive a little further - up to 60 miles, for more acreage with riding right off the farm.  But the convenience of this little town is new and different.  And I want never to go back to those 7 miles of dirt road driving, taking 20 minutes min.
Work from home and make a good living????? What a dream!
Kitty Longino
Cassville, MO