Re: [RC] Commute - Keith Kibler

RibbonRidg@xxxxxxx wrote:

Keith,
I know you live next to Shawnee. How are the winters in those parts? Very snowy? Cold????
My recent change was from 42 miles one way: house on dirt road next to WMA, 13,000 ozark acres and scenic good riding, though rocky, and horses pastured on 30 acres. Access to trails limited to six months/year. 7 miles of rough dirt road, mostly uphill! then 35 miles of great 2 and 4 lane, little traffic. Work nights for more daylight. 12 hour shifts.
New place: 45 miles one way, all two lane and mostly fast till last 3 miles in town, bumper to bumper sometimes, taking min 20 minutes for those 3 miles. NO RIDING at my house, I must haul about 40 minutes for access to year-round good trails. Only 6 acres of pasture, BUT, city water, sewer and trash pickup, and no close neighbors yet.
Trade-offs. I would easily drive a little further - up to 60 miles, for more acreage with riding right off the farm. But the convenience of this little town is new and different. And I want never to go back to those 7 miles of dirt road driving, taking 20 minutes min.
Work from home and make a good living????? What a dream!
Kitty Longino
Cassville, MO

Hello again Kitty, Sandy also always says hello to you and wants you to come and stay and see the Shawnee with us!
We have turned into all weather riders and rode at least 2 times a week in the shawnee all winter. We rode Sat in the light rain here and had flood like ground water. As long as you went slow it was a blast. The streams all had alot of steam and mist coming off them.
Winter here was very mild. Hardly any snow. The Shawnee is only 35 minutes from our place. Sandy traded the mftr she rode with you for a comming mare:
This is the mare:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/kkibler/Horses/Paducah021-1.jpg
This is the baby that came with the deal:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/kkibler/Horses/DSC02106_0015.jpg

We are going to Big Creek in Southern Mo in may, are you going?
Have a great day Kitty,
Keith