[RC] thanks and more questions - jen

Hi all, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their advice on my Paso and his saddle.  We are still searching :(  but do not really have the money to purchase anything else at this time.
Also, wanted to know if everybody saw the little article in Equus mag about the link between electrolytes and ulcers?  As a person who has not yet done a ride and has never used e-lytes either, it sure makes me hesitate to use them at all.  But, my horse does not drink well when we go camping, so I was hoping to start him on e-lytes as perhaps an incentive to drink.  Any advice from everybody?  I should clarify that he drinks great from streams or puddles, but does not like any kind of water trough or bucket.???
Anyways, my other question involves volunteering.  Would a volunteer (me) be allowed to bring a horse to a ridecamp for the purpose of acclimating and getting the whole EDPP thing established without all the pressure of an actual ride?  Or perhaps going to rides where there is a fun ride?  I understand that space is limited at so many camps.
My other issue I am having trouble with is my horse allowing me to put anything in his mouth.  Including my fingers or a worming tube.  He will let me rub all over the outside of his mouth and lips, but is very adverse to anything going in side.  Obviously this will make it very hard for a vet to check his gums.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jen and Banjo