[RC] How Long is Your Commute? - Jonni

When we moved from CA to TX, we faced this question. We wanted trails to ride. My husbands office was down in Dallas. The best trails were about 65 miles from there. What we considered more than the actual mileage was, what "kind" of commute. Traffic? Easy drive? Farm roads? Freeway? And, the QUALITY of the home you went home to each night. This was very important.  We would have never driven over an hour to our little stucco house in So. CA fighting freeway traffic.  But, our house in the country, in a small town (5000 population is small after living in So. CA) was well worth the drive on highways and country roads with minimal traffic. We still have to trailer over to the trail system, which is about a 35 min. haul on mostly dirt/gravel roads. But once there, we have over 75 miles of permanently marked trails, with more unimproved trails scattered between.

So, consider WHAT you are driving home to, and what kind of commute. Consider weather changes, and if in the winter it will be snow and ice.
Jonni