[RC] Electorlytes and Ulcers - Tom Sites

I have been on record in the past on RC of saying..."I think electrolytes are a direct cause of ulcers in horses."  Of course i have absolutely no data or information to back that up, so if you are a skeptic to such things as West Nile Virus (when i posted this i was questioned and TI said it "could be a concern") Climatic Change and all the other things i perceive, like when all the bravado about our'Victory' in Iraq i said..."The War will be easy, the Peace will be very difficult."  Its in the RC archives.

The facts of my experience is that i NEVER used electrolytes in the GAHR or my first 2 OD completions and i did NOT have a metabolic problem on either.  The only electolytes available in 76 was Kerry Ridgeways homemade mixture that i was aware of for horses.  When i became 'educated' and started using them in the 80's, i have ulcers in my horse today.

There needs to be more study on this subject, thats for sure.

ts
GAHR # 77