Re: [RC] [RC] 2004 World Endurance Championship Press Release - John Teeter - Sisu West Ranch

I have been watching the FEI website every month or so to find out the much delayed CAS ruling.  I now have to wait until the FEI puts it on their site so I can read it completely.

I was lucky enough to have access to information about one side of the apeal to the CAS, and am convinced that there are good arguments on both sides of this issue.

Last week I read the final decision about the German appeal of the positive Olympic drug test.  This decision was also favorable for those who want horse drugging carefully policed.  For those interested the FEI pages of Interest are:

1. The table of the status of open drug investigations:
2, Summary page:
3. Text of Olympic CAS ruling:
                http://www.horsesport.org/PDFS/FEI/05_02/CAS_Beerbaum.pdf

My bottom line feeling is that the FEI is doing a good, if slow, job at getting its house in order.  I feel much more confident about the future of international endurance competition.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875