[RC] [RC] 2004 World Endurance Championship Press Release - John Teeter - KimFue

I am really pleased that the outcome of the WEC champion was reversed because of the a positive test resulting from using a prohibitive substance.  I was one of the more vocal and critical on ridecamp when the positive result was dismissed because of procedural errors regarding testing.  It seemed that the World Champion who tested postitive was going to retain the title.

So let me be the first to say that those who said to wait for this to work it's way through the administrative process were correct.  This decision makes me feel much more confident that prohibitive substance use in competition will not be tolerated in endurance racing.  I feel that this ruling sends a message that this sport needs to remain clean regardless of who you are and what race you win.  I am sure that this decision could have gone either way and I am really glad that it went in favor of what is best for the horse.  Kudos to those in officials in FEI who made this ruling.

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648

"The FEI has received the decision of the Court of Arbitration for Sport in the
matter of the appeal concerning the winner of the 2005 FEI Endurance World
Championship, Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed al Nahyan (UAE). The outcome of the
decision is that Sheikh Hazza is disqualified after his horse Hachim tested
positive to the prohibited substance Methylprednisolone. "

http://www.endurance.net/2004wec/

http://www.endurance.net/2004wec/FEIDQPressRelease.html