[RC] Eating/drinking on the Trail - Equus Wolf

Hey everyone!
Thanks for all of the advice for getting my mare to eat on the trail.  Yesterday, my friend and I went off the farm for a training ride.  We rode the same trail we rode several weeks ago when we had two other riders with us that go a bit slower.  Then, we made the trail in 2hrs 45minutes (boy that felt like a slow trip) and yesterday, we made the same trail in 1hr 55minutes.  It was nice to realize that our conditioning has started paying off.  My horse wasn't in the least bit tired, and neither was I!  The trails there can be rather windy, and up/down hill as well.
But, she actually ate on the trail yesterday!  I parked her right next to the other horse that eats easily, and she immediately started to graze, with me on her!  The second green grass we got to, I stopped her, and barely had time to give her the head down cue. She went straight to eating.
She drank on the trail yesterday at the lake.  She took several long drinks, then immediately tried to start pawing, which I didn't allow.  But it will be interesting to find out if she will always drink *before* she starts pawing when she wants water.  And she doesn't paw at all water - just deeper water.

So thanks for the advice everyone.  Shelby is awesome.  I got so lucky finding her :)
Jennifer