Re: [RC] How Do You Get to Hang/Remove Ribbons Ride Drag/Sweep - Stories?? - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 1/6/2006 3:44:52 PM Central Standard Time, sensei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<Can someone explain how to get to hang and remove ribbons >>

We like to stetch metal clothes hangers into go a loop, clip ribbons onto them (our ribbons are first tied to wooden clothes pins during many hours of watching tv  <G>), and then we hang the hangers on our horses, and head down the trail.

<<Search yields stuff about people getting dragged by
horses. Not what I'm looking to do. >>

In that case...introduce your horse to the hangers with hundreds of fluttering ribbons before you mount up, otherwise your last view of them could be them and the horse disappearing into the distance.  :)  Most do fine, given a few minutes to check them out.  To have your own fun with ribbons, just ask a RM if they'd like help pulling ribbons...bet they'll take you up on it.  :)

<<Is there a handbook or anything written? (Jackie Floyd and Angie M, take
note. "How to Ride Drag" could be a best seller here in SF) >>

Hmmm...a book on "How to Ride Drag" (as in "In Drag"?)  Sounds like a project for our resident Dr. Quackenbush.  ;)

Do you live in Texas, by any chance?  If so, we'll take you up on your offer to pull ribbons at our ride the last week in April.  :)  You can even ride in drag if you want to.  :)

Dawn in East Texas