Re: [RC] How Do You Get to Hang/Remove Ribbons Ride Drag/Sweep - Stories?? - SturmRanch

I would think ride management would love to have someone volunteer to ride drag/remove ribbons.

A friend asked me if I wanted to ride along with her at Headwaters one year to take down ribbons.  I rashly said sure.

Naturally we had to leave behind and stay behind the slowest riders.  There was a honeymooning couple.  Half an hour after all the LD riders had left, they were still in camp.  So - we got quite a late start and had to stay behind them the entire way.  They were having way too much fun.

It took us a truly long time - I think it was something like 6:20.  I was hot hungry and exhausted.  The ribbons were flourescent pink and we  used their clothespins to attach them to our clothing and  tack as we took them down.  We rode into camp after the last rider looking like endurance Barbie, festooned all over with those hot pink ribbons.

The ride manager kindly gave us a completion.

Nancy Sturm