[RC] how did you get started - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Diane Roby diane_roby2002@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've loved horses as far back as I can remember.  I papered the walls of my
bedroom with posters from horse magazines and nagged and nagged to get my own.
Finally did at 12 get a welsh mare and her 2 week old colt.  I was in heaven
and me and that colt were inseperable.  I raised and trained him all by myself
and he would have done anything I asked.  If I had known of endurance then it
would have been a natural as we were gone from dawn to past dark most days.  I
rode mostly bareback then.  Did some 4-h game shows running barrels and poles
and always took either 1st or 2nd.  My dad sold the horses when I was 17 and it
took me over 20 years to get another of my own.  I heard of endurance from a
friend I met here in OK who told me the story about Catoosa but reassured me
that things weren't like that anymore.  So I bought a 3 year old green arab
thinking I could train him and ride him in endurance.  Work and a now
ex-husband killed that idea so I bided my time until I could manage my workload
more and get rid of the husband.  I finally found a pony that is my perfect
match and we did 2 LDs this year, a NATRC ride and a couple of dressage shows.
I also met and married a wonderful man who even tho isn't horsey does like to
camp!