From: Laney Humphrey <laneyhh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: goneridin <goneridin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ride Camp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Laney Humphrey <laneyhh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] chevy ad update - only for those who care
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:44:45 -0800

I decided this morning to call Chevy, partly because I hadn't received any response to my earlier email. After wending my way through the phone index, I spoke with an unusually well spoken and polite customer service rep. She was aware that something was up. Whenever their office receives 5 or more complaints about anything, they are forwarded to the Customer Relationship Manager. She could pull up the complaints about the "handbook" and see that there were already more than 5! She assured me that the Customer Relationship Manager would reply to me, which she did. I quote from what she says, > The "handbook" was designed to be humorous. The piece is satirical and was

not designed to discourage female truck buyers in any way."
She goes on to say, > Female customers are an important part of the Chevy consumer mix - for all

Chevy products -- and Chevy regrets any disappointment some people may have had

about the handbook. Chevrolet appreciates all its consumers and understands

that many women drive the purchase decisions on Chevy products, both cars and trucks."

Anyone who still feels the need to express their feelings about the ad can call 1-800-222-1020 or email via the Chevy website. Oddly, she says that this "handbook" titled "Men, Women and the truck a relationship handbook," is part of a new ad campaign, > called "Long Live the Truck" that connects Chevy Trucks with being the longest lasting trucks on the road."
I, myself, am having a bit of trouble seeing the connection between truck longevity and the DNA of men and women. But maybe I'm just not bright enough to catch on to satire. Or maybe the glitter from all my 4-carat emerald cut diamonds has gone to my head.
Laney