Fw: [RC] Chevy Ad and laundry - Faustina Duffy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Chevy Ad and laundry

Of course, once when Dad and I were going to deliver my grandmother's car to here (she lives about 70 miles from here, and we'd put a new door on it) I had this experience:

Dad was driving the car, I was driving my truck, pulling the trailer, as we intended to pick up another "project" car while we were in town.  Blew a tire on the trailer.  Went to a tire shop to get a "new" used tire.  The guy asked that the trailer be backed through the somewhat crowded lot to the far shop door.  I climbed into the truck and maneuvered the course with no issues, right to the guy's feet, first try.  He looked at my Dad (an over the road truck driver who had been VERY thorough about his daughter's driving/trailering education, let me tell you!) and said "Not bad, for a girl" rather cooly...then, giving my father about half the time required for him to get ready to nail the guy, the mechanic continued-"Darn good, if she'd been a guy, but then I just expect a girl to be able to do that..." and winked at Dad.  (The guy had 3 daughters, and his wife was the head mechanic at the shop, it turns out....)
HOWEVER, this time I nailed it on the first try!!! I then smugly walked out of my truck and started to detach my trailer-- put on the wheel-- etc. Well, I wish I had a nickel for every guy t
hat had to immediately change his undershorts that day ;-)
Couldn't resist sharing :-)
Bette
Bette Lamore

  I did several neat