Re: [RC] Chevy Ad and laundry - Bette Lamore

The funniest thing I can remember about trucks was when I had a problem with my
dually SIlverado and I had just delivered a horse in my 2 horse trailer. I went
to the service dept. in a dealership and knew I had to park the trailer and
detach it from the truck so they could work on it. Well there was only one spot
open and it was between two luxury cars-- like a BMW and Mercedes-- something
like that. Well I pulled into the lot, then turned left and forward down the
narrow aisle, the men realized that I was about to back the trailer into the
spot. There were guys coming out from every door waving their arms and shouting
at me. Well I ignored them and backed right in. I have to admit that there are
many times when I cannot make it the first shot and have to pull forward a tad
to regroup--- HOWEVER, this time I nailed it on the first try!!! I then smugly
walked out of my truck and started to detach my trailer-- put on the wheel--
etc. Well, I wish I had a nickel for every guy t
hat had to immediately change his undershorts that day ;-)
Couldn't resist sharing :-)
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians
Home of Bunny and 16.2h TLA Halynov
who lives on through his legacy Hal's Riverdance!
http://www.arabiansporthorse.com

"Life is not  a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

Barbara McCrary wrote:
What a perfect comeback!!
I still cherish the memory of my first test drive with a DVM examiner when I was applying for my first driver's license. I was about 18, and hadn't the advantage of the current drivers' training available in schools. My husband taught me how to drive and he taught me many defensive techniques....how to deal with adverse road conditions (read "mud" and "slippery" and "steep".) He also taught me to downshift with a double-clutch, as syncro-mesh transmissions hadn't been invented yet. I honed my skills and went in for a test drive. I did several neat downshifts and finished with a successful parallel park. The examiner said, "Wellllll.....I guess I'm going to have to issue you a license."
I'd driven our old livestock truck many years ago with a low and high range splitter, but one of our daughters could best me at that. She is a superb truck driver and worked for several years delivering windows and lumber for our family company. I don't drive our 20' gooseneck trailer often enough to be any good at it, nor even a 2-horse bumper-pull, but I'll bet I could polish up on that, too.
Barbara