Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Chevy Ad

<But having "put up with" silly stupid car (and truck) salesmen over the
years, where I usually know more about whatever car or truck I was
interested in buying than the salesman, an ad like this just kind of annoys
me.>

I agree with you, Carla.  When my husband and I went truck shopping almost 4 years ago, we had a particularly annoying salesman at the Ford dealership.  When we found the truck we wanted to buy (F350 extended cab diesel dually 4x4) and wanted to take it for a test drive, the salesman tried to hand the keys to my husband, who said, "Give 'em to her...it's gonna be her truck."  The guy looked nervous and asked, "Have you ever driven one of these before?"  I said, "Have I driven what?  A truck, a 4x4, or a dually?"  He was a condescending idiot throughout the whole process.  But I took perverse pleasure in watching him try to park it when we came back...he had a heck of a time maneuvering it into it's slot.  After he finished (my husband and I had gone back to our vehicle to discuss the truck and price in private), I said to him very sweetly, "You should have told me yo! u hadn't driven one of those before...I would have parked it for you."  <VBEG>

Dawn in East Texas