[RC] jiggy horse questions..... - Dana B.

Karen wrote: "Then there is the question of gaited horses....do they also jig or just
want to gait faster?"

I can only speak about Paso Finos, but I have ridden quite a number of them and I have yet to ride one who jigs.  Their equivalent of jigging is to gait faster and in some cases with more exaggeration, a much more comfortable ride than jigging but probably just as energy wasteful for the horses.

The most beautiful fino gait (the quick stepping, slow movement signature gait of the breed that only about 10 percent of Paso Finos can actually do) I have ever ridden was when I was riding my mare the first few times without her foal (who was 6 months old and bigger than her by then :-p).  She was amped and I've never ridden a horse who's legs move that quickly, like a little sewing machine at full speed.  Trust me, that was WAY more fun than a jigging Arab (have one of those too, who's jig becomes the pogo-lope occasionally ;-p)

Dana Baldwin

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Shopping