Re: [RC] Jiggy horses - Lysane Cree

I have a short-backed Paint. She hardly ever jigs, but when she does, it generally goes along with her level of stress - mainly in a new situation. The higher her head goes, the more stressed/nervous she is, the more likely she is to jig, especially if she is behind another horse or heading towards home (even if home is still 3 miles away). When she is feeling at ease and relaxed, she will do whatever gait I ask, whether in front or behind, and wherever we are on the trail. So for her, its situation-related and anxiety-related too I guess. She is not very spooky or will do a "spook in place" but when a new situation stresses her out she can take awhile to come down off the "high".

Lysane