Re: [RC] jiggy horse questions... - Lynne Glazer

The two rat study. Neither of my two 70ish-30/CMK-Polish horses jig, but when they are excited the next gear up from walk is beginning- level-piaffe. It's too smooth to be a jig, they collect themselves without overbending, and will yield laterally. <shrug> The mare has to "want to", on the other hand the boy can be asked for it, and has the hock strength to go far in that gear, I call it the parade gear. I hate the "j" word. They're both long-backed but with large hips, and slope from the croup to the withers, so that blows your hypothesis--both really stride under themselves though with daisy cutter motion they'd really pick the saddle up with their loins, causing bridging until I changed them to RPs. The mare was a superlative downhill horse, but only average uphill, the boy seems to be good at both though his downhill skills are far from finished.

The third rat. Gwalisons Olympia x CMK mare, very shortbacked she could jig you into madness if not allowed to go forward. I'd rescued her, and loved everything bout her but the J, her new owner (from age 16-present, 26) was more amused than bugged by it. But she has almost ideal conformation, Deb Bennett's "thirds" almost personified, and a perfect back for saddling.

Lynne
Celesteele, Rem-member Me and the half Lippi Twix who sticks to draysodge movement only please