[RC] jiggy horse questions... - Karen Sullivan

have been pondering over the years, and recently, if people believe any particular type conformation tends to produce horses that want to jig....or is it horses that don't carry their bodies correctly?
I have observed a number of sort of long-backed, high rumped horses are inclined to sort of bunch up and jig...is it part conformation, or is it just personality and training?

Horses I have bought that have straighter backs have not had that inclination to jig....horses that I have had that really stride under themselves with hind legs don't tend to jig....

Then there is the question of gaited horses....do they also jig or just want to gait faster?
Karen  (who greatly dislikes jiggy horses!)