[RC] OT-finding dead horse - Jonni

Some years ago, I knew a fellow who had an older horse, whose time had come. He led him up into the mountains, and shot him near the edge of the trail, and the horse fell dead, and over the edge. He wanted the horse to give back to nature, so the wild animals could chow down on him. I'm sure HE felt it was the right thing to do. So, with that, consider, unless you KNOW how this horse died, maybe the owner does know it is dead. I'd still post some notes at the tack and feed stores, and yes, maybe take a photo of it. I'd want to know, rather than continue to search if the horse had been indeed, lost.
Jonni