[RC] OT I'm guilty Laney and Bruce - Barbara Moulton

OK I started the punk truck comment about chevy, I
should have been more mature but as Bruce doesn't
understand being a busy grown up person living a full
and active life "the medium is the message"..Marshall
Mcluen) I raised two daughters and only 50% of them
became dangerously anorexic, Their cousin about the
same age nearly died and was hospitalized for months.
My older girl was head of her class and in talented
and gifted programs until mid JR high when it became
geeky and uncool and all she wanted to do was be quiet
and look good ( ie hot gasp says mom). Now at 25 and
married with children she wishes she had gone to
college.  So overt and covert advertising messages are
a sore spot with me.

As for the missing ads, when a newspaper runs an
insert it doesn't necesarrily go to every subcriber
only the number that the advertiser has paid for.  May
or may not target certain areas or demigraphics.  I
have worked for a few small daily and weekly papers.
Glu in especially are expensive and it might have been
a test run for future advertising.

But wait there is more, an advertisement that relies
on such silly ideas as that insert does contributes to
the dumbing down of society.  I wouldn't buy a shampoo
that sold itself to women because they care about
their hair and men don't. Vehicles are a major
purchase that too many people don't consider carefully
enough.  I teach special ed- which probably explains
why my students say blink instead of bling.
Understanding language and its proper use is hard for
them also hard for them is to analyse and compare
factual information.  My guys in class ( mostly
boys)run on pure emotion and their logic is their
culture which they absorb from the media. ( except
they don't pay enough attention to get every detail
correct like blink :-)blink is what you do when
something is bright so it makes more sense their way.
My daughter at less then 2 thought giddyap was stupid
she said "get a going" when she played horsie because
that is what she wanted to do.

weather has been to bad for too long must ride,
forgive me but I had a whole Christmas break and
because of nasty ice didn't dare ride and it has
influenced my mood.

Barbara and Joy-hey isn't it time I got a vacation too
mom?  pass the hay, got treats?

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com