[RC] Tattooing - Molly & Doug Covert

I can attest that after tattooing thousands of rabbits and hundreds of dairy cattle, that it's the technique and equipment that makes them legible.  I have not found age to be a factor.  In cattle - ours live longer than the rabbits, the tattoos seem to bleed with time, not fade.  Similar to an old sailor's sexy lady tattoos!  :)

The pins must be sharp. The ink must not be anything other than tattoo ink and not have frozen or be much over a year old.

Rabbit ears are very tender and calf ears are tougher.  I can't imagine that a horse would be much trouble if properly sedated for the task.

As a licensed all-breed rabbit judge in the US - legible tattoos are a requirement to show.  Let me tell you, I've come to appreciate good ones!

Molly in MI- where we're getting more snow - yeah...