[RC] re: which horse to buy - Tracey Smith

I agree with Chris that the best way to find the right horse for you is to go shopping with an open mind.  If you make "rules" like "I don't want a bay" or "don't want an arab" just be careful as like Chris said it might end up being just that rule breaker who steals your heart.

 When I started looking for a distance horse I knew I wanted an arab or arab cross...but had decided I did NOT want another mare and absolutely DID NOT want another gray horse...guess what I bought?  Another GRAY MARE...!  But, I bought her based on her temperment and confirmation and potential (she was rescue so could not even ride her when I got her) and she's so far proven to be all I'd hoped for.

One of the things so interesting to me about endurance is how well so many breeds do in this sport and you don't HAVE to have an arab to be competitive.

Tracey Smith
It is best not to swap horses while crossing the river. - Lincoln