Re: [RC] re: enduring posts - Merryben

In a message dated 2/20/2005 9:26:18 A.M. Central Standard Time, sehredt@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ummmmmmmmmm that'd be us parents.  Teachers are, well, teachers.

I agree that their pay could be higher, but so could the pay of many professions.  As in the "money" discussion that's been raging here on ridecamp, I don't know any teachers that do it for the money!  They love what they do and know going into it what the payscale is.
I come from a long line of schoolteachers, father, mother, brother, aunts and uncles.  You are mostly right but you would be surprised at the number of parents who abdicate their responsibility as parents and leave it up to the teachers and then blame the teachers when their children turn out not so good................mb