Re: [RC] re: enduring posts - sehredt

I live in the real world with three real kids in three different real schools
being taught by three different real teachers.  They have great teachers...and
none of them are destitute.  They enjoy the HUGE amount of time off they have
and like their jobs and do them well.  They are an important part of my
children's lives.  My other half and I, however, are the KEY.

My kids have, and always have had, quality teachers, so I assume they have an
appropriate salary.

There's nothing "weird" about our values in this country - this is a capitalist
system (I learned that in school from underpaid teachers).  When the
neighborhood decides to turn out in the tens of thousands, paying hundreds of
dollars each, to watch them teach, our teachers salaries will match those of
pro atheletes and performers.

My kids go to school to be educated.  They have a home where values and such
form them to be the next generation.

Who do I want teaching my kids?  Certainly not someone into it for the money!
LOL  I'll take the teachers they have and the ones they have had to date.  In
fact, after communicating with Cindy Collins, I'd put my kids in a class with
her in a heartbeat!  Passion and love trumps greed every time.
:o)
Scott (please contact me privately if you want to continue so we don't both get
booted for being so far off topic!  LOL)

---- Mary Ann Spencer <maryann.spencer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone who doesn't realize the KEY role teachers have is not living in the
real life part of life in this country.  This discussion could be WAY off
topic but it still goes that to keep quality teachers, it takes appropriate
salaries.    There is a HUGE disconnect with what the professional sports
celebrities make and what teachers make (and many other important jobs such
as police).   Weird value system in this country.  Parents do not have
unlimited influence on their kids.  It is not the same as training a young
horse.  Teachers are key in the formation of the next generation.  To have
quality teachers it will take better salaries.  NOTE:  some teachers are not
poorly paid but there is no reason for a professional to be paid poorly
simply because 'they like what they do'.  Who would you rather have teaching
your child-  Someone who takes pride in their work and is paid properly or
someone who is barely able to make ends meets and keep up the credentialling
needed to maintain a high professional level.  ???????mas